Whittlesea Agricultural Society Inc.
FRIDAY 1st, SATURDAY 2nd & SUNDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2019
ALL HORSE ENTRANTS PLEASE ENTER VIA
WILDWOOD ROAD/MILKY LANE ONLY
Horse Chairperson: Ross Draper - 0428 510 252
ALL HORSE ENTRIES - ONLINE
whittleseashow.org.au - PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE at 12:00 midnight 23rd OCTOBER 2019
ENTRY ON THE DAY FOR ALL HORSE CLASSES EXCEPT
SHOW JUMPING & SPORTING HORSES
HORSE REGULATIONS - TO BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH GENERAL REGULATIONS
1. The breeding year dates from 1st August in each year.
2. Where height is stipulated, Equestrian Australia or Show Horse Council current height Certificates will be accepted but the
committee and judges reserve the right to re-measure any horse or pony at any time. When measuring a horse, galloway
or pony an allowance of (3/8) of an inch for shoes may be made at the discretion of the measurer.
3. Horses are not permitted to enter the judging ring if fitted with bearing reins.
4. Entries will only be received subject to the rules and regulations of the Society and the decisions of the Council and every
exhibitor shall be bound to observe these rules.
5. The Council reserves the right to reject at any time any entry or prohibit any person or animal from competing in any class.
6. The Society’s Veterinary Surgeon’s decision regarding age shall be final.
7. All led stallions must have a bit in mouth (3 years and over).
8. Any male animal competing in specific stallion/colt classes in the breeding classes not deemed to be completely entire
by the Society’s Veterinary Surgeon may not compete. Any marks of spaying on females shall disqualify them from
competing in such classes.
9. Horse prize winners are asked to take part in the Grand Parade. A Parade card will be issued to exhibitors when
they enter the arena for the Grand Parade. This should be presented with prize voucher for collection of prize
money. (Friday classes excluded). Horse prize money will be available only from the Horse Pavilion after the
Grand Parade and until 6pm or at the discretion of the Horse Chairperson only.
10. Children under the age of 6 must be led or accompanied by an adult.
11. All competitors under the age of 18 years must supply proof of age with entry. Proof of age will be accepted in the form of
birth certificate, extract of birth entry, statutory declaration by either parent, baptismal certificate or Principal’s certificate.
12. Owners entering their horses or ponies do so entirely at their own risk and it is a condition of entry that no liability of any
kind attaches itself to the Society, its officials or members in any respect whatsoever.
13. All foals must be haltered in the ring.
14. A novice is a horse not having won a first prize at an Agricultural Show.
15. Certificate showing proof of Registration with a particular Breed Society to be produced if requested on the day.
16. Random swabbing of horses may take place under Equestrian Australia Anti Doping Regulations as per
Equestrian Australia National Medication Control rules and Show Horse Council Rules.
17. VAS Ltd rules as of 26/04/2017 - refer to VAS Ltd website for full details http://www.vicagshows.com.au.
18. VAS Ltd approved helmets must be worn by all competitors. EA approved helmets to be worn by all Jumpers.
19. When a class is age restricted, eg Riders, Smartest on Parade and Childs Mounts, top boots or gaiters cannot be worn by
competitors under the age of 18 years.
20. Waiver form must be signed by all competitors. If under 18 a parent or guardian must sign on their behalf. Any riders not
signing waiver form will forfeit any qualification and prize money.
21. Any PRIZE MONEY or trophies not collected within 15 days will be forfeited.
22. Yards are available on a first-in basis. Cost is $20 per day or $40 for weekend (3 days). Yards and Memberships are